Hot on the heels of the new release of the VMware VI Toolkit, I just finished uploading version 2.1 of the VMware Infrastructure Management PowerPack for PowerGUI. This PowerPack facilitates management and automation of VMware Infrastructure servers using the VMware VI Toolkit with PowerGUI’s extendable administrative console.
Version 2.1 of the VMware Infrastructure Management PowerPack includes the following highlights:
- Significant performance improvements when loading datacenters and clusters.
- New top-level container nodes to facilitate viewing objects without having to browse into the Managed Hosts node.
- Links allowing you to browse into log files from hosts.
- Support for the VMware VI Toolkit 1.5 release.
- VMotion support for virtual machines.
In addition to these changes, several links have been added and quite a few defects have been fixed.
You can learn more about this PowerPack, including version history and other details here. You can download it from that location as well.
As always, feedback on this PowerPack and all others is welcome and appreciated. If you want to see something in the PowerPack, just ask! You can either contact me directly (see my about page), or you can post your request using the PowerGUI forums. We’re listening!
|Share this post:|