PowerGUI 2.2 public beta is now available!

Today we released a public beta of our upcoming PowerGUI 2.2 release.  This beta includes a very significant change to our debugger as well as compatibility support with version 1.4 of the Quest AD cmdlets.  Here are a few of the improvements that come with the new debugger:

  • Native support for the PowerShell 2.0 debugger, including command-line management of breakpoints using Disable-PSBreakpoint, Enable-PSBreakpoint, Get-PSBreakpoint, Remove-PSBreakpoint and Set-PSBreakpoint;
  • Advanced breakpoint support such as command and variable breakpoints through the PSBreakpoint cmdlets;
  • $MyInvocation support in scripts that you are debugging (this has been an issue we have wanted to fix for a long time)
  • Start-Job and Invoke-Command support in scripts that you are debugging (this was another issue that had to be worked around that is fixed by the new debugger);

This is the first public beta that we have had in a while, so I want to make sure everyone interested knows how the beta works.  It’s a pretty straightforward process, as follows:

  1. If you are interested in trying out the beta, go to the beta download page and follow the instructions to download and install the beta.  If you are using PowerGUI 2.1.1, it will automatically be upgraded when you install the beta.
  2. Use the beta just like you would use the previous version of PowerGUI.
  3. If you run into any issues, please notify us on the PowerGUI 2.2 public beta forum.

That’s pretty much it.  I should also note that auto-update from the beta version of PowerGUI 2.2 to the RTM version of PowerGUI 2.2 will be supported.

We’re looking forward to your feedback, so please download the beta and let us know what you think!

Kirk out.

Share this post:

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “PowerGUI 2.2 public beta is now available!

  1. FYI, I found a bug in one of the Local User functions as of 2.1.1.1202. In the Set-LocalUser function, the parameter is specified as $UserCanChangePassword but throughout the function $UserCannotChangePassword is used instead. I would get errors on this function until I changed the parameter to match what is used in the function ($UserCannotChangePassword). After making that small change it worked as expected.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s